604 200 8633
We Can Make It Simple. Start the Process Today. FAQ
  • We Select the Work Permit That’s Right for You

    With so many kinds of work permits available it can be next to impossible to find the one that best fits your needs. Our team of professionals facilitates this process by pairing the right kind of work visa—LMIA-required or LMIA-exempt—for all of our applicants.

  • We Manage The Details

    We’ll help you obtain and compile all necessary supporting documentation such as job offer letters, contracts, educational history, travel history and more. All application forms are prepared for you and we’ll even process work permit extensions and renewals from within Canada as well as facilitate Port-of-Entry issuance.

  • We get approvals

    Even the slightest error in your application forms or supporting documentation can provoke a rejection from CIC. We have an intimate knowledge of CIC’s processing framework and ensure that your submitted application goes above and beyond what is required. We accurately represent your position to CIC and your ability to comply with all conditions of your work permit.

Matthew helped us retain two of our key staff from Japan. - Hatsuho K - Calgary, AB

Work Permit Categories Canadian work permits are often broken down into these categories:


A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document issued to Canadian companies providing them authorization to hire non-Canadian staff.

  • The most common permits available in Canada
  • LMIA-Required work permits are employer, location and occupation specific


There are dozens of LMIA Exemptions available, most common are work permits covered under NAFTA, GATS and Intra-Company Transfer provisions.

  • These do not require a Labour Market Impact Assessment
  • LMIA-Exempt work permits are still employer, location and occupation specific

open work permit

Citizenship and Immigration Canada makes provisions for the issuance of dozens of open work permits which can be used anywhere across Canada in any occupation

talk to our teamCall604 200 8633orClick here to get started

frequently asked questions

Q: What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)?
A: A Labour Market Impact Assessment is a document issued by Employment and Social Development Canada which states whether or not the hiring of a particular worker will have a negative or positive impact on the Canadian labour market.
Q: What are some examples of LMIA-exempt work permits?
Some examples of LMIA-exempt work permits include:
  • NAFTA Investors, Professionals and Traders
  • Intra-Company Transferee
  • Significant Benefit
  • Emergency Repairs
  • Charitable and Religious Workers
Q: What are some examples of individuals with an Open Work Permit?
A: Some examples of Open Work Permits include:
  • International Experience Canada/Working Holiday Visas
  • Spouses of Skilled Workers
  • Spouses of Students
  • Post-Graduation Work Permits
  • Off-Campus Work Permits
  • Refugee Claimants
Q: What are some examples of work permit exemptions?
A: Some examples of work permit exemptions include:
  • Military Personnel
  • Foreign government officers
  • On-campus employment
  • Performing artists
  • Public speakers
  • Clergy
  • Judges, referees and similar officials
Q: How does your consulting service work?
A: If you would prefer to have a chat with us before engaging in our full-service applications, we offer prorated hourly consulting to discuss the regulations and procedures surrounding entrance to Canada as a Worker. If you just need advice and want to tackle this on your own, we’re here to help.

We can help you Work in Canada

Call 604 200 8633 or Schedule Your Consultation Online